Saturday, December 24, 2005

Not being able to speak hindi is proving to be a serious handicap. And it's not like I don't know hindi. I just don't like speaking the bloody language. Or maybe it's a matter of confidence. Whatever it is, I just cannot make conversation with most people in college. Which suits me just fine. But it's awkward when people come up to me and start talking to me in hindi, and I don't know what to say, or how to say it. At such times, I limit my reply to a nod, or a shake of the head, or a smile, or a really wide smile, or a combination of two or more of these in varying degrees. Sigh.

I liked Chicken Little. Cute movie.

Not so much King Kong. I had such high expectations. It wasn't a bad movie, but it just couldn't hold my attention the whole while. Disappointing.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."
- 'Verbal' Kint
(The Usual Suspects)

9 Comments:

Blogger abhas1 said...

hey man! a MERRY CHRISTMAS to you, too!!

7:34 AM, December 24, 2005  
Blogger Gaurav said...

Learn man, learn!

From now on, I shall speak to you in Hindi only.

Ha!

1:48 AM, December 25, 2005  
Blogger amar said...

Merry Christmas

I shall reply in English.. the Kapil Dev way

6:08 AM, December 26, 2005  
Blogger abhas1 said...

oookayyy....I don't care what you speak in, as long as it's not Japanese or chinese... Even though I'm an expert at everything (heh, heh) I can never point the difference out of chinise and japanese or korean for that matter, and put in russian too, along with german and french.........

So, then I'll be comfortable in speaking English, thank you!

:)

7:11 AM, December 27, 2005  
Blogger abhas1 said...

aww come on, get with the "happy new year!"

5:23 AM, January 02, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

look anonymous first of all ur a pussy for staying anonymous and secondly i know only intelligent ppl visit this place so im pretty sure they've figured out the word artificial...... hey and sorry hoarse whisperer for makin ths place my personal battlefield

10:44 PM, January 04, 2006  
Blogger amar said...

@anon.. firstly, i think i should make it clear that i do allow spelling mistakes on this page. as for the introduction that you've requested, deepash (when he's not posting angry comments on my blog) is a really nice guy who owns a cool velcro shirt (irrelevant i know, but a little extra information never did anyone any harm).

@deepash.. be my guest bugger, battle all you want, but just know that this blog is my way of having some fun. i don't mean half the things i say here, and the other half is not intended to cause any harm. oh.. btw, its actually true that im not comfy speaking in hindi. so maybe i will start speaking with jang in hindi from now on.

6:52 AM, January 05, 2006  
Blogger abhas1 said...

First of all, who's this anonymous idiot??
Secondly, how am I a "fake artificial showoff"?

and this is really stupid. I mean please, we can all make out the 'artificial' word. sheesh...what's a typo got to do with this??

8:04 AM, January 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mwa ha ha! always happy to cause trouble!!!

4:50 AM, January 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home